CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Blizzard of 2008

As I'm sure you all have heard, Ohio was hit by a major snowstorm that dumped 19 inches of snow on us this weekend. That is a ton of snow to fall here in such a short period of time. Personally, I think it's punishment for Hillary winning the primary, but we won't go there.


Snow started falling at 8 a.m. Friday and didn't stop until around 7 p.m. Saturday. Noelle and I are sore and exhausted from shoveling. Here are a few pics we took of the white stuff.





























































































































There's an elephant in my yard!

8 comments:

Seeker said...

Noelle doesn't look at all happy about it! I've shoveled some snow before, and that stuff is incredibly heavy! Sure is beautiful when you get to look at it on a computer screen, though!

HP said...

It looks beautiful! Usually it is us in New England that get the spring snow. All we got was flooding rain.

Sorry, I hurt your brain over on my blog. I try to go back and forth with dissertation stuff and fun stuff...the academic stuff is just to keep me accountable to actually writing and not playing online all day!!

The movie meme is still there...just scroll down.

McMom said...

WOW! My sister-in-law had a blizzard in Indiana also. Looks like March came in "like a Lion " for you. That means it will go out "like a lamb"! Spring IS coming SOON! Hang in there!

Anna said...

Wow it's sooo pretty. I wish we got snow like that. No really! I'd much rather have 19 inches of snow then just the cold and wet rain. If it's going to be 32 and below there better be snow. Your pictures are great!

Did you guys get out of school or work? Is it still there?

Jennifer said...

Anna, I agree with you that I'd rather have this than cold, gloomy rain which is what we usually have. This is how winter is supposed to be. I got to home 2 hours early, but Noelle did not get out of school. It's still there! Supposed to be 50 on Thursday, though...

Jennifer said...

Seeker, Noelle is actually in her element and loving it. She was giving me her pensive look. :)

Unknown said...

I was in Columbus for the Blizzard of 78, and that was just ridiculous.


I like your photos, but the snow is allll yours...Take a butterfly from me to remember that spring will come again.

N looks beautiful.

STAG said...

Yeah, you got hit with the same stuff as we got! Probably just as hard too!

This might cheer you up a bit....

http://creamyclothing.blogspot.com/