CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Quarantined

Our whole house is sick. Yes, even the cat. Going on 3 weeks now.

It started with Noelle getting a UTI, and the antibiotic she was on made her very nauseous. She got done with that, then caught a virus. In the meantime, I developed a bad ear infection. The antibiotic made ME nauseous, so I started a new one. But by this time, it was impacted all the way down to my jaw and causing killer pain. So I am now doped up on heavy-duty vicodin.

Saturday I had to take my cat to the vet and found out he had ear mites. Sooo I handed over $140 for him to be treated for that.

Saturday was also the day of Noelle’s 14th birthday party. I somehow managed to survive it (yay, vicodin!) although I did not get any streamers or balloons put up. And on Sunday Noelle woke up covered in hives. It turns out, she has something called Fifth Disease, which is really what her virus symptoms were that she had a week ago.

All in all, I have paid $300 in health care expenses over the past 3 weeks…..and that is with insurance. I am thankful I have insurance. And thankful that I have savings I can draw from in emergencies such as this. I know there are millions of people out there who don’t have it so good.

I’m going back to bed with the heating pad…..

5 comments:

HP said...

Oh....so sorry! Get well soon!

aola said...

wondered where you had been, now I know... you've been sick. So sorry - sounds crappy!

Yeah, we are some of those that don't have insurance(except on the kids) so we just don't get sick - can't afford to be sick.

Unknown said...

poor sick kids. I hope you all recover soon.

my babies have some kind of yeast thing in their ears, I have to give them drops, and they LOVE IT!!!

McMom said...

Gett well soon!! 5th disease is not fun!

Anonymous said...

My name is Robert Fraser and i would like to show you my personal experience with Vicodin.

I am 27 years old. Have been on Vicodin for 1 day now. Found a few pills. I'm currently not an addict though I have taken vicodin in the past and I am certainly playing with the devil because I do like the feeling it gives me. Biggest problem, besides the addiction, is Insomnia. Tossed and turned for two hours before I decided to research it.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
Constipation and insomnia.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Robert Fraser

Vicodin Prescription Information