CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Black Bean Chili


2 15 oz. cans diced tomatos, with juice
2 15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 11 oz. can Mexicorn, drained
5 green onions, sliced
3 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. cinnamon sugar
1/2 tsp. minced garlic

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low heat for 4 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.

This is a very mild chili, as Noelle's tummy can't handle anything too spicy. This was pushing the envelope, really. I added a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of shredded cheese on top of hers.

It was just the thing for a night in which the wind chill hit 25 below zero with winds at 40 mph.

Merry Christmas to you and all your families!!!

6 comments:

HP said...

Yum! I have a stove top version that requires a lot more work! I'll have to try this.

McMom said...

That looks so yummy!!!! I will need try this also!

Unknown said...

mmmmmmmmm

Then, take a long ride in a closed car...

toot!

Toot!

Toot!

STAG said...

THREE tablespoons of powdered chili, and you are just "pushing" the envelope? Oh my! You have a cast iron gullet.

I discovered that you should not fry scotch bonnet, jalpano, and onions. The Geneva convention will come and visit you. Doesn't take many to clear a room.

aola said...

I love chili but I pay for it every time I eat it... gettin' old SUCKS!!

Anna said...

YUM!!!!!