CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 29, 2008

That's the brakes

I got hit with two major whammies this week. First, my home computer which has been on life support for the past 2 months is now toast. I have a call in to a friend who works with computers to see if there is any way possible the hard drive can be saved. I hope so, because I certainly can't afford a new one at the moment.

And, after 2 round trips to Kentucky and Indiana over Christmas, my brakes went out. Completely. It’s a miracle I made it home in one piece. When the Midas mechanic called me over to show me what was left of my rear brakes, they were literally crumbling in his hand. $600. And I need new tires too, but that was another $500 and will have to wait.

So, you may not be hearing from me for a while as I need to sort things out and recover. Just wanted to let you all know what was up. I hope you all have very happy New Years. Stay safe out there!!

4 comments:

aola said...

sometimes life just bites, doesn't it? so sorry for all the troubles. I had to put new tires on my van recently - ouch! and then Levi came to me asking for a loan to buy tires for their car - double OUCH!

Anna said...

Yep we just did the tires thing too...on a Suburban...big ouch! But in the end it's worth it!

Anna said...

And on the Computer thing...I think I'd die! I'd curl up on the floor and cry... I went 30 hours with no internet and thought I should just check myself into the insane asylum. I'm hear for you...at least now you have chocolate!

STAG said...

Brakes are good, as are tires. As the old saying goes...."What's stopping you?"

Happy New Year.