CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Welcome, 2009

Well, my hard drive has gone to hard drive heaven. So sad. What really makes me sick is that Noelle and I had hundreds of photos on the computer that are gone forever. I at least have a Flickr account to which I have been uploading photos for the past couple of years, but that is only a fraction of what I had. Poor Noelle, who had so many lovely photos, is heartbroken. Lesson learned: get a backup drive. Fortunately, my computer friend says I can pick up a new hard drive at Best Buy for around $100. Not that I have $100, but it’s a heckuva lot better than a whole new computer!

I have to say, I am very glad to see 2009 get here. The last half of 2008 was not good to me! Have you made any resolutions? I normally do not make any resolutions. This year I have decided to learn how to relax. I know, I KNOW. You all know me pretty well by now, and you know that this is really like Mission Impossible. But a friend of mine pointed out that our local rec center is having Yoga classes, so we might sign up and do that together.

My other resolution is to reconnect with friends. With all the craziness of last year taking up so much of my time and money, I have turned into quite a hermit. I need to find ways to get together with my friends on a more regular basis.

I hope 2009 is off to a great start for all of you!

7 comments:

McMom said...

Our computer crashed a few months ago also and I lost about 3 yrs worth of pictures! Cara gave us an external hard drive for Christmas tostore them on now. But I miss some of those pictures!

Hugs back to you!!

Anna said...

Reminder to self...burn all pictures on CD...I usually am pretty good about that but lately I've slacked. I guess this is the reminder I needed. Though if you think about it I still have way way way more hard copy photos then our parents ever did~ so if I ever do loose them on the computer I might not have them all but I still have more then I know what to do with.

Poor Noelle!

aola said...

Well... that bites! Like you needed something else to brake on you :)

Jennifer said...

GOOD NEWS!! My friend Dave was able to save my picture files using a fancy schmancy recovery software tool. So I bought a new hard drive Saturday, and he is going to get it loaded up with all the programs I need, and the pictures. We are sooooo happy!

Unknown said...

Because computer hard drives don't erase the data like that the just get stupid and 'forget where it is' - - if you know a geek they can get it back for you. But keeping an extrnal HD for photos is just absolutely a must. But, if you have to choose spending money on that or breaks.....then... Brakes! OY!

STAG said...

Don't throw your hard drive away though....perhaps in a few years we will have the technology to access the hard drive.

I put my broken one in a magnet proof cookie tin and stored it in the attic.

Jennifer said...

Cara, I am so fortunate to be friends with a geek. Now if I could only find a plumber, an electrician, car mechanic.... :)

Stag, that is a good idea!