CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Finally!




I didn't take this picture, I just found it online and it made me smile.)

It finally got above 50 degrees for the first time in 6 months last weekend….first time above 40 with no rain! Both Saturday and Sunday were almost 70 degrees and sunny. So naturally, I crammed as many chores as I could into Saturday and spent all of Sunday outside! I can’t even tell you how amazing it was to be outside in a tee-shirt and feel the warmth of the sun again. I literally felt like crying tears of joy.

Noelle and her friend have started geocaching. Do you know about this? It’s a worldwide game in which people hide small containers with log books, post clues on a website, and others look for them and mark their visit in the log book. You can learn more at www.geocaching.com .

On Sunday I really wanted to go to Cox Arboretum, but Noelle and her friend wanted to geocache. We did an online search and found that no one had placed any caches at Cox yet, which was surprising. So we made one! Then we hiked out on one of the trails and hid it. The only problem is that you are supposed to post GPS coordinates when you post your cache on the website, but we don’t have a GPS unit. I looked up the coordinates for the park online, which was the best we could do, and told Noelle to just make that clear in her description. People familiar with the area should figure it out.

Then we all went out for ice cream. As we were sitting there in the sunshine, licking up drops of melting ice cream, I was suddenly reminded of a quote in my Buddha’s Little Instruction Book:

“There are no holy people and no holy places. There are only holy moments.”

I told them I felt like it was a holy moment. They didn’t think it was very holy. But I still say it was. I hope you have a holy moment of your own today.

5 comments:

McMom said...

What fun! I will have to go read about geocaching!

I would have to say watching my son get his presents last night was a holy moment! Very special! His Auntie loves him/us and spoils us very much!

It sure is nice having you back in the blog world! You post neat stuff!

Jennifer said...

That WAS holy! :)

Unknown said...

I have heard about geocaching, it's big in the pacific northwest!

I love your froggy photo.

I agree wholeheartedly about holy moments. Most of mine are quieter, and more fleeting... they also seem to involve wildlife.

HP said...

The idea of holy moments has been the theme of my sermon series this Easter season.

Must be something in the air....

Jennifer said...

CV, wildlife moments are the best!

HP, what a coincidence!