CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Catching the Light

My daughter has taken up my love of photography, and actually surpased me, I believe, in her ability to capture pure, unaltered beauty all around her. I can take a decent photo, but I think about it way too much and try way too hard. Noelle just has the ability to capture perfect moments with ease. Looking through her photos, I am reminded of the article I posted recently by the adult woman with Asperger's, who said, "If you could live in my head for just one day, you might weep at how much beauty I perceive in the world with my exquisite senses. I would not trade one small bit of that beauty, as overwhelming and powerful as it can be, for 'normalcy'."

I do weep at the beauty Noelle perceives in the world... particularly in her friends. I thought I would share a few of her photos with you because, well, I'm a mom and I just like to brag, lol. Can you spot the self portrait?























7 comments:

McMom said...

WOW, beautiful!!! Is the self portrait the one with the mike?

Anna said...

These are great! I love Sydney's pictures as well. They just see things with such a different eye.

Unknown said...

I vote for the microphone one too, which would make a great wall print.

I like your hair, but I can tell you hate it.

Jennifer said...

Yes, she's the one holding the microphone! CV, I am not in any of the pictures! But yea, I do hate my hair.

Unknown said...

I thought you were the bottom one!

Jennifer said...

No, that's her friend Maddy. I'll post a pic sometime. Maybe. LOL.

Kat E said...

Girl's got some talent!!