CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day at Lake Hope


We spent the Memorial Day weekend at a cabin in the eastern Ohio appalachians, at Lake Hope State Park. What a gorgeous place. It did wonders for my psyche. It's amazing how the serenity of the woods clears my head and enables me to think so much more clearly. I haven't had that in sooo many months.


We took one of Noelle's friends with us, who had never done anything like that before. We hiked until the girls threatened mutiny, lol.


We had perfect 80 degree, sunny weather which is a miracle because Friday was cold and rainy, and today was cold and rainy.
We stayed in a cabin as it was almost a 3 hour drive from home, and my tiny little Hyundai Accent can't take the load of camping gear that far up into the mountains. Especially with gas at $4 a gallon! But this was our one trip for the year, and it was worth it.






































































































































8 comments:

Unknown said...

SUPER COOL!

You all look wonderful!
The place looks wonderful!
I love the turtle!

The woods does that for me too.
Or the beach, or the plant farm.
or a face full of dirt.

Kat E said...

Sounds like a great time! Hope that wasn't your cabin in the last photo though ;)

HP said...

Sounds like a great time!!

I love that last photo! It is just beautiful.

Jennifer said...

Thanks girls! LOL, Kat. Hard to believe that place is still standing and no one has knocked it down. But I thought it was beautiful in its own way and knew it would look nice in sepia.

Dad Stuff said...

Great pictures. It looked like a wonderful trip. I bet it will be a memorable one for all of you too.
It's fun to get back to nature sometimes.

STAG said...

Hmmmm...a fixer upper fer sure.

I miss the woods.

aola said...

you are so cute.. you look like one of the "girls".

Jennifer said...

Awww, thanks Aola! I sure wish I felt that young, ha ha!