CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Recipe

People are always asking me for vegetarian recipes and I say I don’t have any because, really, I hardly ever use a recipe to cook. But I’ve started making a concerted effort to start writing down the steps and ingredients of things I make [in other words, the recipes], so I can pass them on to my daughter some day if nothing else. And besides, now I have a good camera to play with! Can you tell that I LOVE my new camera? LOL. So here is a dish I made last night. I call it Spinach Rotini. I know, very original, eh?

Oh, and one more thing...I keep forgetting to tell you all. My sister Anna and her family are gone on a 3 month missions trip. Can’t say where due to safety reasons, but it starts with a “C” and if you’ve followed her blog in the past you should know. So, keep them in your thoughts!




INGREDIENTS

• 1/2 pound Rotini pasta
• 1/2 pound fresh baby spinach, chopped
• 15 oz. can diced tomatos, drained
• Salt to taste


DIRECTIONS

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and spinach and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente; drain and reserve.

2. Heat tomatos in sauce pan on medium heat.

4. Pour over cooked pasta.

5. Season with salt and toss

6. Eat!


I usually saute some garlic to add to the tomatos, but didn't have any last night. This is Noelle's favorite meatless dish.

6 comments:

McMom said...

Looks yummy!!!!!

Unknown said...

Looks good!

I made a similar meatless dish.

Spaghetti with a pan sauce of:

Sauteed grape tomatoes
Mushrooms
A green onion
Basil
Cilantro
Truffle oil used for sauteeing.

Jennifer said...

CV, that sounds delicious!!

aola said...

ohhh... looks so good! I love pasta.

aola said...

sorry, I got distracted and published my comment before I was finished.

I make a similar one, too. When I make spaghetti I chop up brocoli and through in the pot. I make my own sauce (meatless, of course) in huge batches and keep it in the freezer, makes a quick easy meal.

Jennifer said...

Aola, That also sounds wonderful. I have never had much luck making my own sauce. So I'm a Bertolli girl!