CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Meet Tobi




I just adopted a kitten from the Humane Society. WHAT WAS I THINKING? Oh my.

Noelle has wanted a cat for a long time, but my ex was deathly allergic. Noelle used to be very allergic, and still is a little bit, but as long as she takes Claritin every day, she is okay. So this is an early birthday present.

Tobi is approximately 2 months old, and he is already neutered. He is also micro-chipped and has had all his shots. Best of all, he's already litter trained. Hallelujah!

I had no idea a kitten could be so much work. He's just a tiny little ball of energy who never stops moving. He really has a very sweet disposition, and is a lover boy. But just like all babies, he expects attention every minute of every day. He also has a foot fetish. Really. He has to be on or near someone's feet at all times. He's been sprayed with the water bottle four times since I sat down to write this. Sigh.

But he has already provided us with so much laughter and joy just in the last 2 days. I'm rather partial to him.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

He's a cutie!

Neutering at such an early age might have a few side effects, so just be on the lookout for that.

Kittens are a ton of attention, but they are 2 tons of fun, so you are up a ton already!

My old boys are tons of attention, but I'm so glad I got them.

HP said...

What a sweet cat!!

When I got my first kitten, she was so much work I ended up going back to the shelter and getting a second kitten to keep her company.

It actually worked. She went from tearing at my feet and clawing everything in sight to quietly playing with her new friend. Turns out most "cat" people recommend two kittens at once.

Unknown said...

cats always do better in pairs.

Jennifer said...

Ohhhhhhhhh no. No. LOL. I can't even imagine 2 of these things running around. Toby and I are getting used to each other, though, and he is calming down, learning the routine. He is so SWEET! :)

aola said...

he is a pretty boy

and yeah I agree, I always get two kittens at a time